News flash: I’m obsessed with my dog. He has a CLOSET for crying out loud. Needless to say, he’s a pampered little K-9. (My vet actually told me he’s spoiled and has an attitude problem- which only made me love him more). So, of course, he gets one heck of a bday party every year. Lucky for him, it’s cupcake week. Why should he (or your pooch) be excluded? Below is a pretty simple recipe for doggy cupcakes- dare I say, “pupcakes”?
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 jar strained beef baby food
- 4 eggs
- Bacon Bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until batter is smooth.
- Fold Bacon Bits into batter.
- Spoon batter into cupcake tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes and cool on wire rack.
- Frost with low fat cream cheese (or peanut butter) and sprinkle with Bacon Bits. (You can also use ketchup to write a little message or just add extra flair).
Recipe makes around 12 standard size pupcakes.
Someone’s got a full belly…